Youtube

Youtube
My youTube channel

Peace of mind

Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Home but not a house



The painting on the right shows my home during my stay on the streets. My story in this place fascinates me; because here, an occurrence few have experienced in a lifetime (my experience of that Extreme Peace of Mind), had taken place -. A waiting shade is just a shade to all, but for me - it's a home. And inside it's darkened and dusty corners I found that kind of peace where I can't absolutely find anywhere I go. I journeyed to its depth scared to death of what was happening. Others may perhaps scorn of such story, though whether people will believe or not, still, the same thing is true - Genuine Peace of Mind is just within us all.

At present, the waiting shade is no more. The only way to bring the past is to recapture it, and I did it through this painting.

True to anything that is uncertain, I was nervous upon the thought that I will fail to bring the old scenery back to life. In the end, contrary to my doubts, an image pleasing to my eyes began to form. By the time I said, it's complete; I humbled myself down to whatever it is that made me paint such a painting that I can't perceive I am capable of.

My painting above is a reconstruction of the landscape in front of Manila City Hall on the year 1992 to 1995. I stayed in this park for, more or less, 5 years up inside the attic of the waiting shade seen in the painting. As you can notice, I put numbers on several places; these are the description of the numbered items:
1 - this points to a part of the ceiling where a trapdoor is located giving me entry to the inside of the attic.
2 - A huge garbage can is located here just opposite the City Hall and which is beside the wall that enclosed the Philippine Normal University's campus. For me and to almost all homeless, it means food for us. This is where I survived for the rest of my stay in the streets.
3 - this is the specific bench where in the middle of the night I was awakened by an ugly, haggard, and dirty old man who shared his home with me - the waiting shade. A detailed account of this mysterious event can be found in my soon to be publish book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is highly appreciated...