Youtube

Youtube
My youTube channel

Peace of mind

Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hitting the road

February 16, 2010, wearing a dark-blue overall, I started roaming the streets of Quezon City, near my place. Slung on my back was a placard with these words written on it: "I FOUND PEACE - I WROTE A BOOK - I NEED A PUBLISHER - http://mindsecrethaven.blogspot.com - and then my email."

The first few steps on the road were so awkward. In my head, I could almost hear the unwholesome comments from onlookers. Sure, I knew I could get over it. I was totally right, when later, I was already feeling all right -- lifted out from that uneasiness:I was becoming so proud that the curiosity of people looking at me had thrilled and exulted me instead. I saw myself no more an idiot, but a man with a purpose, courage, and determination. My first attempt was a success - I congratulated myself for it.

My action can be termed as a "desperate move." Yes! Because my projects are at stick. I don't want to lose them. Thanks, my decision is right - it give me a medium where I can have people's attention and converse with them; their response were very encouraging -- I am glad with it.

The placard gives emphasis on the publication of my book, since an Art Exhibit will hold lesser interest to most than a book. My Art Exhibit and other projects will always be there in the background.

Additional feature of my trek will include Counseling by the road -- based on my experiences -- for donation only. In this way, I can earn a little amount while travelling around.

I do hope, my activities will show the value of my book and finally gain attention to publishers.

The other day, I went to the University of the Philippines, UP. I visited the UP Press, the Administration Building, College of Social Sciences and Philosophy, the Dean's Office, and College of Mass Communication. I was there like pouring my heart and intention to them. Mostly, the people I met there have found my experiences and effort with sincerity. Oh, boy! They surprised me: their willingness to listen on what I have to say is absolutely very encouraging. I may or may not have the favors I asked from the University, the experience is already a proof that I have what it takes to push my plans ahead. The fact that there's no more uncontrollable nervousness plaguing me - I can already advance confidently and voice out the message I want to say.

 Today, I will send an email to the President of Philippine Normal University; who knows, I can grab his attention to the importance of my projects.

-------------
Related topic:
      Previous ( Help me save my paintings and book manuscript )
      next

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is highly appreciated...