Youtube

Youtube
My youTube channel

Peace of mind

Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Flashes of Lightning

Rain was pouring gently on the early night of October 20, 2009 making a rasping noise on the corrugated iron roof of the little space where I was lying down waiting to be lulled to sleep. Unlike other nights, the old venetian-like blind that was secured on the topmost part of the door of my room was still on its place. I should have rolled it down had I not forgotten. In bed, I saw it well, only I didn’t feel like standing up to cover the door with it. Anyway, the gate is closed and locked, so it’s all right, I thought.

From my position, I kept on looking at the door, as if I was intrigued to find something out there, but there was really nothing there – just darkness, and the continuous sound of the rain.

Minutes passed, still, I kept on looking. Out from nowhere I then heard a deafening ramble of thunder seldom to occur. It seemed things where going to split into pieces. Almost simultaneously with it, I saw framed by the door, a splash of pure white light – really super white light – with no streaks of any kind, just entirely white all over. It was not a blinding light, because I was able to look at it intently. Outside, everything was covered with that light – no trees nor structures or whatever – just the light itself. It didn’t stay long, but just died away in a few seconds. The sight didn’t cause me to tremble; I remained calm – though I was wondering about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is highly appreciated...