Youtube

Youtube
My youTube channel

Peace of mind

Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Am Thankful

Like in the painting below, we should be thankful and give praise to the maker of this world rather than complain all the time, for He knows what’s good for us.



Give Praise Originally uploaded by anselmo B. malugao



(Dedicated to all peace loving people) 

There were times in my life wherein my sufferings was great that I once believed life wasn't good to me. This kind of sentiment, however, is a pretty normal reaction from someone caught unprepared to face Nature's unwelcomed forces. Indeed, it was a shock after finding out that I lost what I had been working on. But as my eyes began to open up, little by little, I saw the things I had not seen before. Seeing things this way has developed in me the art of appreciating things and circumstances that are happening everyday, whatever they are. For this reason, I am very thankful. Normally, it sounds silly for such concept of reality to be felt since it is known to be confined to the realm of fairy tales and the world of the saints. But wait! You have to remember that our behavior is caused by the mind; and by changing the way we think, we are also changing the way we behave. The mind is a fleeting thing, but it doesn't mean that we can't do anything about it. In times of hardships and loneliness, don't despair, because we have the comfort we ever need. If you only dare to see and understand the minute details of everyday affairs, then you are about to recognize the helping hand of Nature is just around you. Personally, I am always seeing it these days. And I am so glad that I do. In times of turbulence, there's a haven inside the mind: a place where you can run and take shelter. This environment in which I used to take refuge is refreshing and invigorating. For this, I am equally thankful. There are plenty of things to be thankful to and, in fact, you should be thankful every minute of the day; if you do, your heart will be filled with happiness, ushering in opportunities and abundance in life. Writing my first book had led me into a hermetic-like way of living. This experience created in me the desire to communicate. So, I proceeded to speak to things I would never have spoken to. The act sounds absurd; but, it turned out that a language creates a corresponding emotion understandable to all living things -- a universal language. And, without doubt, my voice went out not in vain, for I was understood -- this too, I am thankful. And most of all, I am thankful, for now, I can always find the peace of mind that eluded me for a long time; and, once again, my life has found new direction. This is very important, because knowing what to do in one's life is LIFE itself. The above composition is a revision to the one I had written somewhere on the month of May 2009, which I eagerly called a little book, that was typed using a manual typewriter. This was intended as display for my art exhibit. The drawing I sketched on the book's cover page (of which, if I find the means, I will post it here) shows a bird in flight casting rays of light to the field down below. This carries the same thought with the painting I have just posted entitled "Peace Around the World"; only, this time, the bird doesn't emit rays of light but appeared now in a white color instead, which means the same thing -- PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is highly appreciated...