Youtube

Youtube
My youTube channel

Peace of mind

Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Unexpected message from Flickr.com

For the past few weeks, I have been seeing that name during my searches on the net. Yesterday, I saw it again, but, this time, in my email's inbox. I knew, of course, who was it - it was my niece whom I had not seen for more than ten years. No need to say, her email surprised me. Right then, I understand that a bridge for communication has been set-up. Long time ago, I intentionally cut the link between me and the people where I came from. Many years have past, still, I have not yet arrived to a point where I am ready to establish the connection again. This time, I am trapped; though, if I want to, I can still manage to escape the hard way. But considering that emotions are delicate, I will never again dare to break their hearts. The world knows better than we do; so, how can I refuse to acknowledge that this is now the time. Below is the email that I first received:

:: HOW ARE YOU!
HELLO,
WE MISS YOU A LOT!
SPECIALLY UYANG,
SHE WAS SO HAPPY UPON HEARING, FROM ME THAT YOU ARE STILL
ALIVE. HEHEHEHE,
YOU CAN CONTACT PAPA @ (number deleted)
OR YOU CAN EVEN TOUCH YOUR MOTHER, BUT THE PROBLEM IS I
DON'T KNOW HER NUMBER!
REALLY GREAT AND HI-TECH TODAY.........

TAKE CARE.
AND NICE TO HEAR YOU BACK................

The following day, I sent my niece this long letter:

Hi (...),
I am so sorry, my message yesterday was so short; I can't stay long online since I am using the free Internet service of Quezon City Public Library. But, anyway, one-hour free access is surely better than nothing. Writing this email you are reading now consumes time, so I first typed them using my computer; in this way, I have ample time to think what I am going to say.
Well, I was really shock to see your name in my inbox. Then, I told myself, Oh! I was finally found. You see! The world is really just a small place.
Lots of interesting things have been happening in my life. And for that length of time that I have not made any communication to you all out there, I know, you too have unique experiences to tell.
For half a year now, I have already shifted my language to English. This is in preparation of my planned promotion of my projects. How glad I am to be so successful in changing my language. Even though, for the first few days I felt a little bit awkward about it. For the reason that I am living here in Manila, there are still times that I have to talk in Tagalog for convenience like when I am having a conversation with people who have difficulty understanding English and in situations where Tagalog is more appropriate. Anyway, my purpose is not to unlearn the Pilipino language for I am a Filipino, but just to have a better grasp of spoken English. This is not the place to talk lengthily about myself. You can better understand me and know what's on my mind, if you will visit my blogs at http://mindsecrethaven.blogspot.com; that is, if you have not been there yet.
It is not surprising that those who were just kids when I left Labason, they are grown up now; having faces I may not recognize anymore. The same thing is true with me; when you will see me, you might not think that it's me.
So, what's up! How's your father and mother? Still engage in business? And what about your sister too? Have you finished your studies? And, where are you working now? Tell me something.
And please tell my other brothers, Yoyo and Ingko and their families that I wish them well. And of course to my Nanay Maria, I hope soon I can see her. So also with Anang and Manoy Fredo, tell them that I still remember them.
Labason is a nice place: not much pollution and where people are living closer to Nature. My mind is full of enjoyable memories of my childhood days away from the chaos of society. No doubt, Labason may not be the same place I had known before; like people they changed too with the passing of time.
I have challenging projects in front of me; these projects are very important that with or without money, I still have to push on ahead. When I can already establish my projects, I will surely visit the place where I came from to see and reunite with the people who are dear to me.
I have problem with my cell phone, for some months now. I don't know when I can have it fixed. I will send Manong a text message when it's working already, but it will take long. My number is (632)912-711-5120.
 I want to see my mother's picture. Can you please ask it for me. Send her picture via email. I will be waiting.
ANSELMO MALUGAO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is highly appreciated...