Youtube

Youtube
My youTube channel

Peace of mind

Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

We meet at last!

Last December 09, 2009 the field staff of DSWD (Department of Social Welfare and Development), Judith, and the staff of the Social Services Development, Lourdes, went over to my place. There We talked and tried to settle the matter. At first the field staff of DSWD seemed to be so composed with herself. I couldn't detect any distractions and worries from her demeanor. I was perperfectly right in insisting for her to come because we were able to express our feelings and there's time to reason out and ask questions. It appeared that nobody of them knows the real reason behind why they are there in my place. This was evident, when I told them that if I did not sent a complaint to Malacanang I am sure until now they wouldn' be here. "So that's the reason," she told me downheartedly. What followed is the asking of forgiveness, "if ever she made a mistake," Judith said. Well, I am very easy to forgive nowadays, and I learned not to keep grudges of any kind.

It was agreed that on the 2nd Monday of January, the next year, 2010, I will file my application for a grant, worth 3,000 pesos in the office of the Social Services Development Department. And Ma'am Lourdes Calomarde will be the one to attend to my application. However, what saddened me is the fact that the said amount is yet to be released on May the next year -- that will be almost half a year -- too long I think. Despite of this progress, I am already disgusted since it took me too long before everything is clear. I want to reiterate here, that I filed my application for a capital assistance last July of 2009; today is December 11, 2009; so it's, more or less, six months already. And even today, nothing has been processed yet -- I still have to wait for January 2010 for that. Then,  wait another five months for the released of the said fund. With all the hassles that accompanied the application 3,000 pesos is not really worth it. I hope the government will look deeper into this kind of time consuming and equally insufficient assistance program. Counting it all, from July 2009 to May 2010, it adds up to, approximately, eleven months -- tha's almost a year. Oh! What kind of aid is that.
----------------------
   beginning of story
         previous
---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is highly appreciated...